Hearing loss or disablity is a common cause and can be cured if diagnosed properly. Our ace team leaded by Pradeep Kothari and Rishabh Kothari takes an in depth survey of the patient and diagnose the level of disability. Answering the following questions will help you have a hearing loss. Incidence and prevalence of hearing loss is incresing day by day, 7 out of 1000 give birth are born with hearing loss, we belive in providing PERFECT care possible.
- Do you often ask others to repeat themselves?
- Has yours spouse, relative or a friend ever told you that you do not hear well?
- Do you turn up the TV louder than others prefer?
- you find yourself ignoring sounds when not facing them?
- Do you find it difficult to understand conversation in a restaurant, group situation or when there is background noise?
- Do you often feel that friends and family members mumble or talk too quietly?
- Do you hear conversations but have difficulty understanding the words?
- Do you turn one ear towards a speaker to help you hear better?
Answers to the above indicate sensorineural hearing loss one of the most common hearing impairment. This type of loss can be corrected from amplification of sound by using a hearing aid.
Types of Hearing Loss
Hearing loss can be mild, severe or profound, depending upon the type of hearing loss and the degree of hearing threshlod (the least hearing ability of a person). The type of hearing loss is identified by detecting which area or section of the ear the problem is originating from. The three main section of the ear are termed as the outer, middle and inner ear.
Our ear is divided into three parts-outer ear, middle ear and inner ear. a defect or damage to any one of these can result in hearing loss. Deafness due to inner ear defect or damage is called Sensori Neural Hearing Loss (nerve deafness).
This can be caused by:
- Prenatal and bacterial infections (respiratory infections, tuberculosis, measles, mumps etc.)
- Exposure to loud or persistent noise,
- Meniere’s disease ( the inner ear fluid is increased in amount and causes intermittent hearing impairment),
- Use of certain oto-toxic drugs, head injuries, blows to the ear, or a benign tumor in the inner ear.
Early diagnosis here is crucial in any case of hearing disorder.
Hearing plays a vital role in a child’s development. Hence early identification and rehabilitation of any hearing loss is essential. Otherwise this will lead to permanent speech and language disability.
Often you may ignore hearing loss or call it easily manageable. But in fact this causes tremendous amount of inconvenience to others who wish to communicate to you. Friends and family members need to make an extra effort to communicate by raising their voices or repeating several times which could be tiring for them. The volume of TV, Music, Phone etc.which you prefer can be uncomfortable for all the rest. You may even tend to speak louder than necessary.
In addition to inconveniencing others, hearing impairment is damaging to the self. Not being able to hear clearly can lead to a lot of communication problems, be it at home, in the office or at the grocery store. Misunderstanding of conversations can lead to strained relationships, even isolation and loneliness. And hearing loss tends to get worse if steps are not taken to rectify it.